Tales of Teldona: Master of the Gnolls
Empire of Maldivan
The Empire of Maldivan is a normally wealthy and prosperous island nation on Teldona.
It includes several noteworthy islands:
It is presently at war with the Kingdom of Dos Andron and suffering from fiscal problems resulting from the war.
Under Maldivan Law, it is legal to:
- Purge (kill) those whose blood is tainted by the infernal realms (tieflings),
- Destroy undead under any circumstance.
It is illegal to:
- Enter any of the major cities and most of the smaller towns (if you’re a drow): Punishable by death or exile.
- Practice the arts of the warlock: Punishable by up to 50 years in jail.
- Create or control undead: Punishable by up to 50 years in jail.
- Practice arcane or divine magic in any of the major cities without a license: Punishable by up to 5 years per spell level, and often coupled with charges based on the repercussion of said action, such as destruction of property or endangerment of life.
- Commit any acts of piracy in Maldivan waters against vessels with home port in Maldivan, its allies, or trade partners: Punishable by up to 10 years for first offense, and often coupled with charges of assault, grand theft, and murder, which add to the sentence.
- Hunt bounties not sanctioned by the government of Maldivan: Punishable as kidnapping or murder.
- Transport or sell eggs of dragon or kraken upon Maldivan soil: Punishable by fine of up to 5,000 gp as well as confiscation of the egg, if possible. Failure to pay is punished by a day in jail for every gold unpaid.